Hair fall is not an uncommon thing. More than 50% of the people in the world are affected by hair fall at some point of their life. Hair fall effects male and females of age groups and is not limited by demographics. Hair loss of few strands a day is not something to worry about but if the hair loss is more than 100 strands a day then it is time to see hair fall treatment in Mumbai.
There can be many reasons for which your hair will require an attention of the best through the hair tall treatment in Mumbai. These reasons include hair fall because of male pattern baldness, female baldness, heredity, pregnancy, menopause, hormonal changes, diet changes, weight gain or loss, climatic changes, exposure to pollution, infections, lice, dandruff etc. Hair fall can be temporary or permanent. Temporary hair fall can be because of pregnancy, cancer treatments etc. Permanent hair fall is a condition in which the likely hood of hair growing back naturally is not possible.
The hair loss treatment in Mumbai begins with correct diagnosis of the cause of hair loss so that it can be treated accordingly. The diagnosis process for hair fall treatment Mumbai includes:
- Physical examination of the scalp and hair
- Taking samples of the hair for testing
- Taking samples of the flakes (if the scalp is flaky)
- Skin Biopsy if needed
You must see a dermatologists and hair specialist if to hair fall treatment in Mumbai if:
- You have suddenly started experiencing hair loss in a pattern
- Hair fall has started at an very early age which is not normal
- There is pain and/or itching on your scalp associated with hair loss
- The scalp skin has become red and scaly
- You are female and affected by male pattern baldness
- Bald spots have started appearing on your eyebrows ,eyelashes and other parts of the body
The doctor will examine you and be prepared to answer the following questions regarding your hair habits
- What is your hair styling routine
- What kind of diet you follow
- What is the pattern of hair loss
- Did you suffer from any recent illness
- All you loosing hair from all parts of your body
- Do you dye or colour your hair
- How often do you shampoo your hair
- What kind of shampoo, hair styling products and other products that you use in your hair
- Have you made any changes in your life recently
- Do you have the habit of pulling your hair
- What medications are you taking currently
Once the doctor has examined your hair in detail it will be time to begin the hair fall treatment in Mumbai. Hair fall treatment can be done through various methods such as medications, transplants etc. Various hair fall treatment methods which are used in Mumbai include:
- Applying medications like Minoxidil (Rogaine) directly on the scalp is a proven method of increasing hair growth. Hair loss is contained with this medication till the time you continue using the medication.
- Oral contraceptives: One of the main reasons that female start to lose hair is hormonal changes. Oral contraceptives which are very low in androgen can be used to contain hair fall in females. Your doctor will be able to decide on the basis of your medical and family history whether oral contraceptives will be helpful for you.
- Hair transplant surgery: the surgical treatment of hair fall in Mumbai is one of the most popular treatment options for permanent hair loss. Since permanent hair loss only affects parts of the scalps the healthy hair in the other parts of the scalp can be used to cover the balding area. In the surgical process tiny plugs of skin with hair is removed from the back and sides of the scalp. The hair plugs are then inserted in the bald scalp. Along with the surgery you will be required to take some hair loss medication. The surgical process for hair transplant as a treatment for hair fall is a pain full process and can require up to several sessions. This is also a costly treatment. You will have to wear bandages for a several days to let the surgery site heal.
- PUVA therapy: PUVA therapy uses the ultraviolet light to treat hair fall. A drug called psoralen is given to the patient and then he or she is exposed to UV light source stimulating hair growth. The treatment is effective but the relapse rate is also very high and therefore not a very popular treatment.
- Wigs and Hairpieces: Wigs and hair pieces are the perfect solution for the people who have are suffering from temporary or permanent hair fall. They are also an excellent solution while you are getting a treatment to cure hair fall. Wigs can also be prescribed by the doctor.
Hair fall treatment in Mumbai India can help you give the shiny and healthy hair that you have always desired. However after the treatment you need to be careful to maintain the right diet and lifestyle to keep them healthy.