Hair loss or even having damaged hair can even lead to depression in some people. Hair loss is something that can bother you all through the day. The problem is that hair takes a long time to grow and therefore hair fall means thinner hair with poor volume. The main symptoms of hair loss include:
- Thinning of hair on the scalp. Sometimes even the scalp starts showing under the hair.
- Excessive shredding of hair and each strand of the hair has a small white dot at the end.
- Receding hair line
- Unusual hair loss from other parts of body too such as eyebrows, hands etc.
The hair is made up of keratinocytes which is produced by keratin. You must have seen advertisements of many keratin rich shampoos in the market but please don’t believe in all of them. Keratin is produced in the follicles and each strand of the hair has a cycle of its own.
There are a number of remedies available for hair growth. Step cell therapy is one such process that has great success in terms of hair growth. It is a very efficient therapy process.
Stem cell therapy process has been in existence since the late 1800s. Stem cells are unique cells that can grow in several different types of cells. They are the building blocks of the body. The stem cells found in fatty tissues are the great banks for treatment of hair loss. Stem cell therapy is a non-surgical and keeps the hair follicles stimulated to prevent hair fall.
Who is a candidate for Stem Cell Therapy?
The aim of stem cell therapy for hair growth is to promote cell regeneration, increase the immune system of the patient so that the balding process retards and spark the growth of natural hair so that further treatments are not needed. A person is a candidate of stem cell therapy treatment if
- Hair fall is too severe to be contained by local medication
- The patient is balding
- He or she wants a non-invasive treatment for hair growth
There are many tests that are conducted before starting the stem cell therapy to make sure it will be successful these include
- Physical examination
- Blood tests
- Tests for infectious diseases
- Family history
Process of Stem Cell Therapy
The process of stem cell therapy for hair growth is done under local anaesthesia and the patient is also given a sedative to keep them still.
- The first step of the stem cell therapy for hair growth is to obtain your fat to harvest the stem cells. This is generally done through a minor liposuction process of the belly or flanks.
- Once the fat is obtained the stem cells are separated from the same in a surgical environment
- The doctors will take away some hair follicles. For example 500 hair follicles are multiply for up to one lac hair in an easy process.
- The treated hair are then inserted in the scalp by the doctor.
- For moderate hair fall two sittings are enough to give the desired results. More sittings will be required if hair fall is much.
- Stem cells that are installed in the follicles prevent the hair from falling and ensure that there is a continuous supply of cells to the hair. Since the hair cells multiply at the fast rate the hair regrowth escalates too.
- The whole process of stem cell therapy for hair regrowth is done under extreme sterile conditions to reduce the risk of infection.
- Since a sedative is given it is not advisable to drive home soon after the process. Normal activities can be resumed after a day of the treatment.
The PRP therapy for hair restoration also forms a part of the stem cell therapy. This process uses the platelet harvested from the patient’s own blood to inject in the scalp to restore the hair.
Stem cell therapy for hair growth has many advantages such as
- This is a fool proof therapy to prevent hair loss
- A safe and simple procedure for hair regrowth
- Non-invasive treatment method for hair loss
- Can be done in two or three sittings
- Pain free for the patient
Stem cell therapy can be used with other hair transplant surgeries and oral medications. These include medicines like Propecia, foams like Rogaine. Treatments like PRP injections and low level laser therapy are also used along with stem cell therapy for hair regrowth. The best course of treatment can of course only be determined by the best doctor.
The cost of stem cell therapy for hair regrowth depends on how much is the hair loss and how much of it does the patient wants to rejuvenate. Also the number of sittings required to bring out the difference is also considered in the cost. Stem cell therapy for hair regrowth should be repeated at regular intervals to keep the follicles healthy.