The common saying goes ‘charity begins at home’ and it holds true for everything in life. This same holds true for hair care too. If you want to continue enjoying the crowning glory of your hair for a long time then hair care is the way to go. Hair care regime begins at home and there are various tips and tricks that you can follow to have long lasting results. The weather that is in your area plays an important role in maintaining healthy hair. The weather in Mumbai is humid, dry, and much polluted and therefor hair care in Mumbai has to be customized accordingly.
You just have to follow some basic hair care routine in Mumbai to make sure that your hair is protected from the pollutants and the dry and humid weather. Let us look at some simple hair care in Mumbai steps:
- Diet: You can spend hundreds of money on different types of shampoos and conditioners and surgical and non-surgical hair treatments but unless you revamp your diet all things will fail. A healthy diet will do wonders for the health of your hair. It is being said that you are what you eat and therefore whatever you will eat will be reflected on your entire body and therefore eat lots of healthy food and drink lots of plain water. Your diet for hair care in Mumbai should include lots of raw fruits and vegetables. Vitamins and minerals will help in hair growth. Fish and eggs are food rich in vitamin B12 which is essential for hair health.
If you are facing a severe problem of baldness or thinning hair then it will be a good idea to consult a trichologist for a diet plan.
- Protection from external elements: Sun, pollution, rains etc. are some common external elements that can disrupt the hair care routine in Mumbai. You must try and protect your hair from these. Severely oiling your hair before going out in the polluted hair will make the pollutants cling to your hair and damage their quality. Therefore it is a wise decision to wear a head scarf and keep your hair tied up to protect them. If you are fond of swimming then make sure that you keep your hair protected by wearing a swimming cap when in water.
- Shampoo: Shampooing your hair is something which you cannot avoid. However shampooing your hair every day is not advisable. The shampoo should be selected according to your hair type. Do not let the shampoo sit in your hair for more than half a minute. Rinse with mild water and always follow with a conditioner. Shampoo helps remove the build-up in the hair and keep the scalp clean at all times. Correct shampoo will play an important role in hair care routine in Mumbai. Shampoo your hair in small circular motions that will stimulate blood flow in the scalp and keep the follicles healthy.
- Brushing your hair: Believe it or not correctly brushing your hair is an important part of hair care routine in Mumbai. Brushing helps in stimulating the blood flow helps dry clean the hair. The first step of course is to select the right kind of brush. The bristles should be soft so that it breakage is minimal. Brushing your hair regularly will make sure that it is tangle free and the natural oils are distributed evenly. It is also a good idea to detangle your hair before taking a head bath.
Brushing your hair should be a relaxed job and take time to do it. Make sure that you brush your hair before going to sleep every day.
- Home remedies: There are many tried and tested age old grandma tips and tricks that help with hair care. Here are some simple ones which you can use:
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is the age old solution to every hair problem (as suggested by elders). It helps protect from sun damage, dandruff, and accelerates hair growth.
- Egg: Another popular recommendation is the use of egg in hair. Egg can be used alone on the hair or use it mixed with olive oil or mustard oil. The egg helps in keeping the hair nourished.
- Baking soda: Baking soda is very helpful in removing the build up from the hair and helps the hair breath.
- Lemon juice and Almond oil: These are recommended as a cure for dull hair.
- Beer: Beer is another one of popular conditioner for the hair. It helps moisturize the hair at all times.
These simple hair care steps can give the hair a very long and healthy life. Hair care routine in Mumbai should be followed at all times. However there are some factors which can cause the hair health to deteriorate. These reasons include hormonal problems, genetics, pregnancy and just poor lifestyle. If you are facing any of these problems and the hair loss is beyond control then it is time to see a specialist for hair.